Wednesday 23 March 2011

RedHoodRising. Root of the what are you going to call yourself question.


Lunch date asked me why I have called myself RedHoodRising, so for any curious souls….

The Red is for my hair that has been called many things complimentary and insulting throughout the years. ‘That one with the red hair…..’ has been a constant refrain. As it is now fading into strawberry blonde (blonde at last!) its bane and glory remain key to my identification.

The Hood is for the Hood of course. Nuff said.

Rising refers to resurgam – I will rise again – ex  cineribus - out of the ashes – from my ignominious removal from ‘working’ life.

The whole is pinched from Little Red Riding Hood, a magical fairy tale which has been reworked so many times  but is essentially (early forerunner from 1023 Fecunda Ratis) about a girl in the company of wolves who is swallowed alive yet returns unharmed.  Yes I know I am more Grandmother than Little Redcap but I still dream and hunger for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment