Wednesday 11 May 2011

MAY MUSE

Random thoughts this week:

Three months not working now and I have found plenty to do with my time, so much so, this blog is getting neglected. It’s already like, however did I manage to fit work in? I keep a diary to try and figure out where those spare minutes hours and days are going. I don’t think about the past. Except maybe the distant past.

So what’s new in the Hood:

Royal wedding – yes I watched it, small moderate house party to share comments on the outfits and say ‘aah’ at the appropriate moments. And what a lovely C of E service it was – brought a pang of nostalgia for that once powerful institution and my childhood Sundays that revolved around church, roast dinner and a walk along the prom.  Out dancing later where we dedicated ‘she’s royal, so royal, she’s a queen’, to Kate and ourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0ESS9V-wI

AV voting – yes I voted. Still can’t work out how AV would have improved anything. It’s not PR. And yes I did weigh it all up carefully, unswayed by which celebrities supported each cause. And yes I did understand it. Duh.
But what a bonus that Nick C got clobbered. He’s got lie for England on speed dial. I love his latest hard man tactic over the NHS and after he did sign the white paper (we all saw it Nick); Dave and Andy L must be quivering. Not. I bet they’ve cooked it up between them to add a bit of frisson to the ‘consultation’ before demolishing the NHS and handing it over to the privateers and insurance scammers. He’ll still be whinging that we do need to make radical changes to provide the best service for people and we do want to carry the public with us in the reform of the NHS etc etc. Funny how he’s not so vocal about the reduction of senior exec pay that he mentioned in ye olde libdem manifesto.
And what exactly does ‘free at the point of use’ actually mean? Is there a point of non-use where you have to pay? I hear some doctors think that the reforms will result in ‘NHS’ becoming a brand name only. All that ‘choice’ and ‘competition’ eh? It’ll be just like British gas or the railways…..

Ranting at the computer – yes it is such an enjoyable hobby. Those twitter links lead into all sorts of other worlds I never knew existed, some fascinating and beautiful too. Then I can actually read a book from start to finish if I so feel like it, what a joy! Or take time for a potter round the garden in this heaven sent sunny spring weather.

Oh yes, and I am tackling the spring cleaning, eating healthily (no choc croissants) and looking for a new job. I’ve found a voluntary job for half day a week in an Oxfam bookshop so that I don’t get too lazy and look forward to rooting out some good reads there. My new life is a’comin in and I am still ‘feeling good’.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhY_fXLmo78



No comments:

Post a Comment